B. E. Metallurgical Engineering, Shanghai University, China (2007)
Ph.D., Ferrous Metallurgy, Shanghai University, China (2012)
Associate Professor, Shanghai University, China (2015)
Xingli has about 10 years of research experience in the field of electrochemical metallurgy. He graduated from Shanghai University (SHU) under Professor Xionggang Lu’s guidance with his Ph.D. in 2012. Then, he continued his research work in the State Key Lab of Advanced Special Steel, SHU, China, and joined SHU in 2014. His research mainly focused on the electrochemical metallurgy, such as electrochemical production of micro/nanostructured metals (e.g., Ti, Si and Ta, etc), alloys and carbon/carbides composites materials in molten salts and ionic liquids by using the electrolysis/electrodeposition technologies. He has published about 50 papers, 2 book chapters and holds 6 granted patents. In the lab of Prof. Bard, his research will mainly focus on the production of silicon film in molten salts for photovoltaic applications.
His responsibility now in the Bard group is to make silicon thin film in molten salt for photovoltaic applications.
Publications and Presentations:
- X. Zou, Shangshu Li, Xionggang Lu, Qian Xu, Chaoyi Chen, Shuqiang Guo, Zhongfu Zhou, “Direct extraction of titanium alloys/composites from titanium compounds ores in molten CaCl2” , Materials Transactions, 2017, DOI: 10.2320/mater- trans.MK201603.
- X. Zou, Chaoyi Chen, Xionggang Lu, Shangshu Li, Qian Xu, Zhongfu Zhou, Weizhong Ding, “Solid oxide membrane (SOM) process for facile electrosynthesis of metal carbides and composites”, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B, 2017, 48(1), 664-677.
- X. Zou, Xin Li, Xionggang Lu, Qian Xu, Zhongfu Zhou, Weizhong Ding, “CeO2-Y2O3-ZrO2 membrane with enhanced molten salt corrosion resistance for solid oxide membrane (SOM) electrolysis process”, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B, 2017, 48(1), 678-691.
- X. Zou, Kai Zheng, Xionggang Lu, Qian Xu, Zhongfu Zhou, “Solid oxide membrane-assisted controllable electrolytic fabrication of metal carbides in molten salt”, Faraday Discussions, 2016, 190, 53-69.
- X. Zou, Shanlin Gu, Xionggang Lu, Xueliang Xie, Changyuan Lu, Zhongfu Zhou, Weizhong Ding, “Electroreduction of iron(III) oxide pellets to iron in alkaline media: a typical shrinking-core reaction process”, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B, 2015, 46(3) , 1264-1274.
- X. Zou, Shanlin Gu, Hongwei Cheng, Xionggang Lu, Zhongfu Zhou, Chonghe Li, Weizhong Ding, “Facile electrodeposition of iron films from NaFeO2 and Fe2O3 in alkaline solutions” , Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 2015, 162(1) , 49-55.
- X. Zou, Xionggang Lu, Zhongfu Zhou, Wei Xiao, Qingdong Zhong, Chonghe Li, Weizhong Ding, “Electrochemical extraction of Ti5Si3 silicide from multicomponent Ti/Si-containing metal oxide compounds in molten salt”, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2014, 2(20), 7421-7430.
- X. Zou,, Xionggang Lu, Zhongfu Zhou, Chonghe Li, “Direct electrosynthesis of Ti5Si3/TiC composites from their oxides/C precursors in molten calcium chloride”, Electrochemistry Communication, 2012, 21, 9-13.
- X. Zou, Xionggang Lu, Zhongfu Zhou, Chonghe Li, Weizhong Ding, “Direct selective extraction of Ti5Si3 intermetallic from multi-component Ti-bearing compounds in molten salt by an electrochemical process”, Electrochimica Acta, 2011, 56, 8430-8437.
- X. Zou, Xionggang Lu, Chonghe Li, Zhongfu Zhou, “A direct electrochemical route from oxides to Ti-Si intermetallics”, Electrochimica Acta, 2010, 55, 5173-5179.